Wednesday, December 30, 2009

GREAT SUCCESS!!!

Thanks to everyone for showing up and supporting the fundraiser last night. It was an overwhelming success. I counted the money this morning and the grand total from the night was precisely $1874.36 in earnings. That is far, far beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier that everybody showed up and things went smoothly. My first imperative is to put the cash in my bathtub and to bath in it like Scrooge Mcduck. After my delusions of grandeur and wealth subside, I'm going to start a new blog that will have each individual project that the money is used for documented through the planning, construction, and completion stages and then show the total amount of money used for the project.

I am open to any ideas any one has for the spot. As much as I wish I could, I can't just hand out wads of cash for obvious reasons and if you have an idea make sure it is well planned out and everyone involved can make the unanimous decision whether it is valid to build. I think an organized approach like this will yield better results. For now if anyone is die-hard enough to work in this crappy weather, I'd like to get to work on the ground. I have no idea how to start with that but I've heard some good ideas, so if you have the know-how for that project, please contact me.

I'll organize some sort of meeting in the next week or so to get together and kick around ideas, its going to be freezing for the next two months at least so we have plenty of time to come up with some plans for spring. No big rush.

And again, HOLY SHIT. You guys killed it. Thanks Jack, Ben, Guy, Jake, Tess, Chris and Lucy for the extra help at the skatium. And thanks to everyone who brought stuff up or built stuff to skate and everyone who paid their way in to help this thing out.