Thursday, April 5, 2012

NORTH COAST


Chris Burt, aka "Big Burt", is a fellow filmer friend of mine, and many others.  It seems like just yesterday that he was teaching me how to film over AOL instant messenger, but never the less, we've both grown so much since then (Chris more literally than me).  Chris was always very helpful and infinitely patient, and for that, I always sort of saw him as a father figure (but maybe that can just be attributed to the drastic height difference we share).  I'll spare everyone the rest of these terrible jokes on behalf of his stature, but the real reason I'm posting this is because he just finished making a full length skateboard video.  The trailer can be seen just before this banter, and, although I am biased, I have to say that it is definitely one of the more magnificently fundamentally filmed independent skateboarding videos that have been published.  Chris Burt should be proud, and I just want everyone to know it's possible to purchase his video-graphical opus, in all its digital video disc glory, here at Infinity when he comes to town  when he gets copies made again because HE SOLD OUT!  Anyway if you see him this weekend, feel free to say hi, give him a really really really high five or, if you're with a big group of friends, chant "Big Burt" repeatedly to give him a warm welcome.

-Jake